We had some old boxes around, and after being inspired by this project which came from here originally, I decided to put my chief architect and castle builder (Andrew) in charge of building a castle. This is what we came up with.
If you're familiar with my project tutorials (of which there aren't many), you'll know that they go a little something like this: 'Um, we had some stuff and we did this with it. I'm actually not sure what we did.' Helpful, no?
So.....we had some boxes....and Andrew taped them together...you can tunnel through if you lay flat on your belly....I cut the castle ridge top design thingys with a box cutter (that was hard)...and then I taped a boatload of neon duct tape all over it. The neon tape is key. Must have the neon. That provides all the awesome.
We had a working drawbridge at one point, but the cats ate the string, so that was the end of that.
All in all, I think it looks super cool, but honestly, it's a bit wee for any kid over toddler size. Unless a kid wants to only sit down in it. Julia's not one for sitting down, like, ever.
Our next project is gonna be to get our hands on a refrigerator box and paint it and make a little summer playhouse. But she probably won't want to sit in that either. Basically Andrew and I did this for ourselves and it made us feel very self-congratulatory, which is always a feeling to shoot for, I think. Any opportunity to pat oneself on the back, you know.
Tootle-pip! (I'm signing off all week this way. I'm more sorry than you are at my inability to stop.)